Wednesday 21 January 2009

The Epic Adventures of Amy George-Chapter One; A Bearded David Bowie and the pink Narnia that is Tanglewood...

Today will most definitely be classed as a member of the 1,2 heavy hardcore crew, that's fo' shizzle. After waking up, minus the soul-destroying hangover i had anticipated, i sat in bed and looked around my room in a half-drunken daze before curling up in my quilt and going back to sleep again =]

When i actually did wake up i started trying to go through all of the events of the last night in my head, and remembered everything; instantly i regretted playing the 'Trapped in the Closet' drinking game- most definitely the worst decision i have ever made; i cannot remember ever getting so drunk so quickly. Stupid Twan.

I phoned Pandy, and they put me on speakerphone so Eli called talk to his 'Auntie A', and i started crying when i heard him. my dad took me off speakerphone, and quickly realised that i wasn't just crying over Eli, so i spent about 40 minutes on the phone to the both of them, telling them almost everything that had gone down, and why i was upset. My dad went all soppy and caring whilst my ma told me off for moping; molly-coddling+tough love=stoppage of crying. Nicely done, olds.

Most of my day has been spent outside-
I took some DVDs back to Alex's, and was in the process of making a cup of tea back home when i got a text off of Hannah saying unfortunately she couldn't help me out on the house front next year; cue me crying into my cup of tea, but still appreciating every sip. this was like the fourth text i've gotten pronouncing me homeless- if it was anyone else they'd develop a complex. it'd be like "your phone just went off, aren't you gonna look at it?" and then they'd go "NO!!I DON'T WANT TO BE HOMELESS!". seriously- that's exactly how it'd be =]

I figured i better fix this quick sharp. i was wandering around campus for AGES trying to find the accommodation office, which is as hidden as the second coming of Narnia by the way, and my confusion wasn't helped by the beardy man in Parkwood Reception;
Me:where's the accommodation office?
Beardy Bloke:Ermm...hmmmm...well, i don't know how best to say it... erm...you know the road that goes through the campus?
Me:(Blank expression)Er...
BB:The big one?
Me:There are several...
BB:The one near Keynes?
Me:yep
BB:Go down there, turn right, left, right by Keynes, follow that road, then go like this (makes confusing gesture) down that path and there's Tanglewood.
Me:(very dazed) Ok, right, what's that?
BB:Tanglewood.
Me:yeah, what is Tanglewood?
BB:The place you asked about
Me:I asked about the accommodation office
BB:Tanglewood
Me:(annoyed that he was just saying the same word over and over again)Right, so follow the big road through campus-
BB:and you'll find Tanglewood

I felt like i was in the Labyrinth. Like this beardy bloke was some fake David Bowie, if Bowie had let himself go, grown facial fuzzery and with less frilly shirts, who was trying to stop me from finding the baby brother i hated, in order to stop me saving said brother's life. except i was looking for the accommodation office so that i don't have to sleep in Canterbury Town centre next year with a dog called Fegan and become well know around the area- like the sock hand puppet guy in Norwich who everyone loves.

I don't know about anyone else, but i had no idea that the actual accommodation office is located in a pink building called 'Tanglewood'- what i realised when i found it is that the building is about 5 minutes away from my house, and had i walked a different way onto campus i would've found it within minutes of leaving. The place itself is like the bloody TARDIS- it looks like the size of a caravan outside, but you go in and there was this huge office space and loads of doors that led to rooms, which confused me cos as soon as you went back outside it looked like the doors had no where to go- so what were they there for?an unnecessary use of doors if you ask me

i was so tired by this point i was barely able to think straight in my head- i just went in and said "i'd like a house please" before i heard myself and quickly explained what was going on. the lady was well nice, and told me about this fair that's going on tomorrow where she said they'd be loads of people who were in the same boat as me. i just caught myself from saying out loud "but i don't want a boat i want a house" when she had to answer a phone. i stumbled out from the office, phoned Pandy, and then went back home where i fell onto my bed and practically passed out from exhaustion, not even in my quilt just acroos my bed, with my shoes on and everything

about 30 minutes later Calvin Harris woke me up (not literally- my phone) and it was ma and pa checking on me. i looked around my room and saw that i had a HUGE pile of laundry to do, and that my room was a state. in all fairness, although the laundry is now done my room looks awful still. i have 3 bottles of full magners on my table, which i suspect i bought, but can't remember...

it was then that i saw 'Sense and Sensibility' on the floor next to my bed, open at the page i had left it, and realised my seminar was tomorrow and i hadn't finished. Crap.

and that's that for now. i'm so tired now i am writing this practically asleep- i am sleep-writing. i'm gonna go read now cos otherwise i'm gonna get my butt kicked by Bainbridge tomorrow, and no one wants that

xXx

No comments: