Wednesday 17 December 2008

No, i haven't dyed my hair so please stop asking

This was one of the first things that was said to me today;
"You're looking particularly ginger today, you dyed your hair or something?"

and i swear to god almost everyone i've spoken to today has said the same thing, stuff like "have you died your hair?It's really red!"


i even had this conversation with an old man i accidentally bumped into coming back from the shop;
Me:Oh my god, i'm ever so sorry, are you ok?
Old Man(smiling):That's alright, Red, calm down
Me(confused to the max extreme):Red?
Old Man: You hair, my dear. it's ever such a nice colour.

then my coursemate i ran into who said rather subtly "Wow, ginge, when did you decide to do that?"

!!!!!!!!!!!!! >=[ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There was one thing different about today, however which i assume must be the reason behind my hair had suddenly changing colour- today it was sunny.

the sun was out today in Canterbury, without a cloud in sight. the sky was, quite literally, cloudless. Which means i'm ginger. ok, so my hair goes a bit redder in the sun, whose doesn't??but ginger??

I have NOTHING against ginger haired people; my best mate ross who i've been best mates with since i was 4 is ginger, my ma is ginger, my uncle’s and auntie's are all ginger, my cat is even ginger, and believe me when i say Damien Lewis converted me to red-haired men the minute i started watching Band Of Brothers =]

But i, really, truly am not ginger. It’s probably an insult to red haired people.i have reddish brown hair, more brown than anything, no, auburn, I HAVE AUBURN COLOURED HAIR.

(sigh)
i think what the most annoying thing is is that when i said that no, i hadn't dyed my hair people didn’t believe me! whats with that?i mean, unless they've snuck into my room in the middle of the night and then dyed my hair i haven't dyed it- deal with it =]

gonna go do some essayage now

mucho lovo
xxx

No comments: