Thursday 11 December 2008

HUZZAH FOR FORGETFULNESS THAT LEADS TO A PLEASANT SURPRISE AT 1:11AM!!!!

I couldn't be happier and more relieved even if i tried =]

i was just lying in bed, eyes wide open, glaring at the ceiling above my head and cursing the day i thought it'd be a good idea to leave everything to the last minute.
I couldn't sleep at all.
I realised, in the time it took me to tidy my room a little bit, and find Orange Ted for a much needed bedtime cuddle, that i had;
  • 3 essays
  • 6 grammar tests
  • 1 poetry portfolio

to do, and no time to do them in.

you see, my cinema and society essay is due in on the 15Th, which would be Monday, which would mean i had 5 days to do it in. BUT i also had a the Poetry essay to finish, because i had started it today, and i had yet to start my Romanticism one, or the 6 grammar tests, plus the books that i needed for the cinema and society essay weren't in the library, so i would need to get them out, but they were only 24 hour loans, so in between doing everything else i would have to quickly scan through them and do all the research and everything was, and it was all very jumbled in my head.

everything was so jumbled in my head that i didn't realise, until i got up to turn on my light and caught a glance of myself in the mirror, that i was frowning- which freaked me out because it is seriously something i never, ever do, which sounds stupid, but i just don't. i don't frown.

but then i thought "well, Amy, maybe you muddled up the dates, maybe they're not all in at the same time or so soon, there must be some leeway", which is clutching at straws, i know, but i was very taken aback by my frowning scenario.

so i looked at the Poetry deadlines first- the were all the same as i had thought.
next was the Romanticism essay- it was the same as i had thought.
then grammar online- nope, that was the same too. by this point i didn't need a mirror to tell me the frown had returned.

and then came Cinema and Society.
with a heavy heart, and even heavier brow, i lazily shuffled through my folder to find the essay sheet list, and my chest sank as i read;
"must be handed in at the School of History Office, 4pm on Monday 15Th December..."

and i thought i was going to cry.

but then i noticed there was a hyphen next to "15Th December" and read on to see this;


"must be handed in at the School of History Office, 4pm on Monday 15Th December- Friday 19Th December".

My jaw dropped.
i had been right- i really was that much of a fool to have muddled up the dates!!

for the first time in my 18 years of life i was thankful that i was a ridiculously forgetful and easily confused Muppet =]

I FINALLY HAD TIME TO DO THINGS!!!!!

i proceeded to jump about in my room a bit, Orange Ted in one hand, sheet of essays in the other, and then phoned my dad- yep at 1 in the morning - to tell him the good news =] and like the legend that he is he listened, and even congratulated me on my new happy state .

after i had kept my dad awake for too long, i instantly drew up a timetable in my mind-
Thursday; FINISH POETRY ESSAY.
Friday; Start Romanticism Essay
Saturday; FINISH ROMANTICISM ESSAY
Sunday;FINISH WEB CT
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday; START/FINISH CINEMA AND SOCIETY ESSAY.

and that, my friends, is how it is done.

=]

mucho lovo
xxx

No comments: