Monday 1 December 2008

I'm secretly a man

Ok, so I'm not actually secretly a man, but i was checking up my blog stats (72 baby!Christ knows why people are reading it, it's just endless drivel) and i noticed that the picture of me, in my oh-so trendy Thinsulator hat my parents bought me, makes me look like some kind of she-man.

I mean, what the hell!???

i look like i have a mono brow for god's sake (wow...I'm blaspheming quite a bit tonight...must be the ice cream...)

But i think I'll keep the picture there...but only because it's proof to my ma that i wear the damn thing. seriously, every time i phone them on the way home from my lecture on Tuesday or seminar on Thursday (both finish at 6) we have this conversation;

Me:Hey mum!!My lecture/seminar was really really good/shite today, so i thought I'd just phone quickl-
Mum(interrupting):Amy...you sound cold.
Me:(sighing)Mum, it's winter, I'm going to occasionally get co-
Mum(interrupting):Are you wearing your hat?
Me:Mum, I'm not-
Mum:ARE YOU WEARING THE HAT AMY??
Me:...
Mum:Amy Victoria Geor-
Me:No, mum I'm not wearing the hat.
Mum:WHERE IS IT???WHY HAVE YOU NOT GOT IT WITH YOU??DID YOU LOSE IT??WHAT ABOUT YOUR GLOVES???
Me:No, mum, I didn't lose them, it's just...I kinda forgot to put it in my bag-
Mum(interrupting):What was the point of me getting you the hat if your not going to wear it, hmm?I bet you're freezing.
Me:well, no actually, it's not that cold, mum, seriously
Mum:of course it's cold. Your colder because you haven't got your hat. If you get a cough now, and get a chest infection, like you always do, then you'll wish you wore the hat. Thank god you've got your coat on.
Me:er...well...

You can imagine the rest


Mucho lovo

xxxxx

No comments: