Tuesday 17 February 2009

Unnecessary All-Nighter

I had possibly one of the most random/awesome nights last night- seriously.

i wasn't gonna go out last night-i was going to stay in and do some English work (GEEK), but then i got a text off of Alex asking if i wanted to go to the Lighthouse with the others for F.T.S.E, which is like this stock market type thing where the price of drinks goes up or down depending on the rise or fall of the stock market...it was kinda crap, didn't really work and the screens kept shutting down, but we all managed to get a lot more drunk than i think any of us had planned to- especially me, cos i wasn't going to drink at all- my Romanticism lecture was at 9, and i wanted to be good =]

So yeah- everyone got very VERY drunk, particularly Ankur and Alex, although Alex was not as bad as Ankur- Ankur went MENTAL. it was hilarious. we stayed at the lighthouse dancing until it closed which was i think about 2am (I had completely forgotten about being good at this point- lecture be damned, we were having a fab night!!!) , and then decided that we should continue drinking and partying- uni life and all that jazz, you know? we went to Hannah's where me, Hannah, Mark, Ankur, Alex, Colin and Kevin carried on drinking, facebooked it up a treat and generally chatted rubbish- it was brilliant =D

at about 4am ish, i think, Alex turned to me and said "Our lecture is in 5 hours" to which i replied "Is there any point in sleeping then??" and we both decided, quite tipsily, that it would be an amazing idea to stay up for the rest of the night!!why not?? so we headed back to his with Colin and Mark in tow, Ankur had left Hannah's a bit early, where we played Portal for a bit- well, i tried to play it but ended up just getting confused/bored/annoyed and so handed it to Alex. I started feeling very VERY tired then, and so i got a cup of coffee, and then we decided to watch 'In Bruges', because i'd been meaning to and Alex loves it. only problem was by this point (It was almost 6 i think- the sun was coming up) i was EXHAUSTED. i fell asleep pretty much as soon as the film started, but Alex took great pleasure in repeatedly clapping in front of my face to wake me up- he laughed EVERYTIME. it wasn't even that funny!!!we then tried some methods in order to wake me up, which including Alex slapping me a couple of times- which i swear he enjoyed far more than he should of, the bastard and then he suggested he throw a glass of cold water in my face- cue us standing in his bathroom and me getting absolutely SOAKED. my hair was ruined, and when i asked if he had a hairbrush he replied "i use nature's brush" and combed his hair with his fingers. you can imagine my face was a picture of happiness.

We ended up watching 'The Naked Gun', which was bloody hilarious, and i loved it, and then went to mine just before the lecture so that i could sort myself out. we both seemed ok, and quite awake and stuff, but then when we got into the lecture theatre it all just went downhill- i actually thought i was going to die. it was one of the longest hours of my life. Alex had to nudge me to wake me up once, but i think we both did quite well not to collapse in a heap. It was awful.

On the way home we both concurred that we would never do an unnecessary all-nighter again; it just didn't work out!!i didn't go to the Narrative Theory lecture at 2, and i shouldn't imagine he did either. when i said by to Johnny outside my house he said "i just don't understand why you did it" and i aid "To be perfectly honest Johnny, i don't think i do either"

It was worth it though- last night was one of my favourite nights since i've been here, definitely- the lighthouse was fantastic

Nicely done =]

and i'm going to a toga party with Jimmy tonight- it's all go when you lead the Rock'n'Roll lifestyle i do, that's fo damn shizzle

xXx

No comments: