Sunday 22 February 2009

Epico Weekendio

By all accounts this blog is going to be EPICALLY long, so prepare yourselves =]

Ok, where to start??

Friday 20/02: Not much happened during the day- it was reading week for my Post War European cinemas module, so i didn't have to get up at 7:30 in the morning- result!! I had an amazing lie-in and then went about my official business of wasting time on Facebook and generally being lazy =] I had my Narrative Theory seminar at 4 though, so eventually had to leave the house and (shock horror) go outside- on the way though i went to the clothes shop on campus and bought myself a burgundy University of Kent hoodie, which is now my favourite item of clothing ever- it's so comfortable it's unreal. i bloody love it- i haven't really taken it off since i bought it. well, i have when i've showered and stuff, because otherwise that would be tres stupido

My seminar was excellent, as usual. Matt made us do this exercise where you write down a load of words and then turn them into a story- mine somehow turned into some mafia-based church corruption tale so go figure. i also found out my half-a-short-story assignment isn't due in for the 27th feb, but the week after that- SWEEEET. so now my workload for Reading week has gone down from 2 essays and half a story to just the 1 essay- nicely done. hopefully this means i can be more efficient and take my time over the romanticism essay- although we all know that what will actually happen will i'll be working til 3 am, and would start my 19th birthday desperately trying to write a conclusion =]

On the way home from the seminar i got a text from Alex, who's in Nottingham visiting his girlfriend at the moment, simply saying "I just saw the chinese version of you. I thought you should know" and that was it- it really, really made me laugh when i read it, so i thought i'd put it on here

Me and Connie made Chilli that night and it was SPECTACULAR. we are geniuses. this was followed by some lovely cookie dough ice cream, facebook searchage and trying to work out what to wear for Mungos. i wasn't gonna go to Mungos, and was under the impression no one was, but earlier that day Connie phoned and asked if i wanted to do pre-drinks before Mungosing it up, and when i said "are we going then?" she just went "yeah" as if it was the world's most stupid question- i now realise that it was =]

Mungos was pretty epic, as usual. everyone was very pushy-shovey though, and the place was PACKED so it made for some uncomfortableness, that's fo' shizzle. i bumped into Ben Parry and his friends Sam Squire and Josh quite a few times, and after being almost shoved over for the umpteenth time decided to take them up on their invitation of going elsewhere- we only ended up standing in the courtyard in Elliot, but we had a proper good laugh just standing about chatting, and i met a girl called Becky who does exactly the same course as me, even down to the Creative writing part- i was proper like "woah, no way", it was so good!!i then vaguely remember getting a text off of Emma asking if i wanted to go to a foam party at a gay club- i pretty much just went "DO IT" and so had inadvertently made plans for the next evening- sorted. i went home at like 2 ish, and watched my favourite episode of One Tree Hill before curling up into a ball and sleeping until 2 the next day...

Saturday 21/02: One week until my birthday and i was EXCITED. I checked my Party event on Facebook and saw that 43 people had confirmed- GOOD LORD IT'S GOING TO BE EPIC. Nothing much happened again- i had been texting Emma about the foam party and was getting overtly excited about it; it would be me, her, Ankur, Mark and Justin. I finished reading 'Breaking Dawn', which is the last in the 'Twilight' series of books, and it was incredible!!!i cried so much!! i then went for a really long wander, which ended up with me on my favourite bench watching the sun go down behind me. The sky was absolutely gorgeous- it went all these pastel colours and really reminded me of those sweetie necklace you used to be able to get that have all the pastel coloured sweets on- it looks exactly like that. I sat there until it got pretty dark and the Cathedral looked amazing. i started getting shivery though, despite the presence of my hoodie and went back home. Connie came over again, and as i was reading a load of articles on TotalFilm.com she reminded me that the time was 7:30- i had said i'd meet at Emma's at 8. OOPS.

I got to No.29, which felt weird cos i'm so used to going to No.28- I think Lypeatt is now officially my second home- and found Emma in a panic about what to wear- doing my girly duties i helped her pick something out ,and then we set about leaving a suprise for the upstairs lot in 28 who are all away. i can't write on here what it is in case one of them sees it- but i wish i could be there to see the looks on their faces. It'd be fantastic. i took pictures though, so i'll put them up once they're all back

we got a bit carried away with the time though, and realised we were probably going to miss our bus unless we legged it- which we did!! we literally belted down there, and only just got on the bus. me and Emma were all out of breath and eurgh, but it was worth it- until Mark started trying to take pictures. NOT FUNNY AT ALL.

When we got there i was a bit worried about ID and stuff, but they accepted my Citizen Card, and let me in =] yayness. Me and Emma were ridiculously excited- the place was pretty awesome, and they sold cocktails!! We were both really happy because in the space of one night we had accomplished 3 things we had never done before; gone to a gay club; gone to a foam party; had a cocktail. NICELY DONE!! we started dancing, and then they moved us all into the other part of the night club where the foam party would be. the music was excellent, and even Justin, Mark and Ankur started dancing after a while!The cocktails hit me and Emma pretty hard, so we were singing at the top of our lungs and acting out the words of the songs- we're cool like that =]

Pretty soon the foam started up. and it was AMAZING!!!!!


Seriously, we had an incredible night. The pictures are seriously awesome!! it was fantastic, but after a while the music started getting a bit rubbish and it all slowed down o we left, soaking wet and more cold than i can ever remember being before- we got a taxi home from Westgate in the end, but it was worth it. I went back to Marley for a lovely shower, but as i walked into the empty, dark house i couldn't help but wish i lived with the others so that i could carry on hanging out with them that night. I love Marley and the people in it, but sometimes i do think it would be cool to be with those guys. After a lovely LOVELY hot shower, a cup of tea and random converchats with people on Facebook i went to bed at about 6 ish and didn't wake up until 2 the next day...

Sunday 22/02: 6 DAYS AND COUNTING!!!GET IN!! and then i'm off home for a week, to spend some times with my wonderfully wonderful famille. i'm so excited to see Kage again and talk about the twilight series, it's gonna be awesome. I'm not feeling very well at the minute (and no, i'm not hungover!) and i was supposed to be going to the pub quiz with Ben and Sam and stuff but i can't :( but every cloud has it's sliver lining, and mine happens to come in the form of Connie Keen and a brand new episode of 90210- SWEEEEET!!

right, i'm off- time to maybe do work. maybe =]

xXx

No comments: