Wednesday 25 February 2009

Random Poem Yay

I literally just wrote this poem in under 10 minutes, and i really like it so i thought i'd put it on here for the world to see!!...well, i say world i mean my parents, friends back home, friends from here and any other randoms who stumble across it in their boredom =]

It doesn't have a title by the way cos i can't think of one =]

The night's a funny colour
all dusky, orange, tinged
with false identity
like the glow from the street lamps
that shines and mocks the distant sun.
The streetlamps, they hide
the real colour of the night-
they hide the stars too though i wish they wouldn't.
The first star gives you a wish before
it's joined by the others and
disappears into the mass
no longer lonely, now completed, no longer special,now the same.
As special as any other star could be.
The breeze smells faintly of the wet grass and
petrol as a car speeds past and
scares the rabbit by the road.
The smell rolls through my window,
open and forgotten,
and snakes under my curtains to find my face,
my nose, my mouth
and tickle my lashes.
I restfully nudge the pillow beneath my sleeping head,
a soft moan escaping as i turn
away from the cold towards my room where
the light of my alarm
seeps through my closed eyes and tricks my dreams
becoming part of the adventure.

The alarm light turns to the beams of the speeding headlights
And I am the rabbit, disturbed in my peace.

i really like it-Yayness for random poetry shizzle =]

nite nite

xXx

No comments: