Sunday 22 March 2009

I have a meatball in my bra

Pizza is a wonderous thing, but it can get ever so messy.

today has been fairly uneventful, and by fairly i mean very and by very i mean possibly the most boring day of my life EVER. i have been confined to my room pretty much all weekend due to a very bad case of lurg. i havenae stopped coughing/stopped being snotty all weekend, it sucks so hard. i'm currently drugged up on lockets and lemsip, but none of it's helping :(

Everyone in my house looks at me like i've been soaked in some kind of radioactive shizzle, except Charlotte- Charlotte just doesn't care, which is fine by me.

i watched 'In Bruges' today, and it pleasantly surprised me. I really don't like black comedies, they have no place in my heart after i was made by my, supposedly best, friend Gav to go see Nicholas Cage in 'The Weather Man' (it shook the foundations of my belief in cinema, just like 'The Terminal' did for my love of Tom Hanks...shudder) and then watched 'Big Nothing'. The second that awful american accent came out of Simon Pegg's mouth i wanted to shut it off. i didn't. it was a mistake not to.

But yeah, after i'd been told by zoe that she thought it was "good even though everyone at the end...oh no wait, i won't say. But it's a black Comedy" i'd pretty much resigned myself to the fact it might be crappy. Alex raved about it, but we often don't have the same taste in film. hence why he still hasn't bloody watched Jaws. FFS man it's a classic!!!! anyway, yeah, i wasn't expecting to be pleased at the end...

BUT I WAS.
i thought it was fab. It made me LOL, yes LOL really loud sometimes, it was quite sad at some points too though, but i thought it was really, really clever. yayness. It's like yesterday i watched 'Little Miss Sunshine', and i really REALLY liked that- i thought it was fantabuloso, and i am officially in love with both Steve Carrell and Paul Dano. I LOVE THEM.

right, i'm off to be more bored. and panicky about work. and coughy. and sniffy.
...
It's been a good weekend.

xXx

No comments: