Saturday 21 March 2009

I <3 MUUUUSAAAAAC

I was playing Glen Miller to Markworth yesterday, and he said he liked it. This got me thinking about how good old music really is- and Connie and Charlotte had no idea who Glen Miller was when i asked them. It kinda makes me sad. Cos even though there is an amazing lot of music around now, it shouldn't lessen the appeal or the magic of older music.

I have a ridiculously eclectic taste in music- the only thing i can't really stand is reggae music, and even then i love 'If i had words' by Scott Fitzgerald & Yvonne Keeley. awesome song, so really i love all kinds of music. One of my mates couldn't get their head around the fact that i'm a HUGE Muse fan, but also love Lady GaGa, or that one of my favourite songs in the world is The Righteous Brothers You've lost that loving feeling but i think Avenged Sevenfold are completely legit. It was as if, for them, if you like one kind of music you can't like another. I think that's the problem- people assume just because you like one genre that's it. but that's not it at all- if you think like that you'll miss so much music!!

I have my parents and my older sister to thank for my eclectic taste- whilst my mum constantly played us stuff like Doris Day, The Everly Brothers, Motown hits, and pop music from the 60's, 70's, 80's my Dad would play The Jam, The Clash, Genesis, Depeche Mode. They both adore the Rat-Pack era, and that music was such a huge influence on me, my brother and sister that we named our cat after Frank Sinatra. And then my sister introduced us to more recent stuff, particularly rock music like Metallica, Pantera, Blink 182, old school Greenday and the like- my brother in law introduced me to Muse when i was 13, and i'm still obsessed with them =] But they also showed me stuff like Jay-Z, Dr Dre, and music like Air and Daft Punk- so many different genres. and of course once we'd all learnt there was other stuff like that we found our bands to like, and more came along. These days i cannot think of a single genre where there isn't something i don't like. Apart from Lily Allen. She makes me mad. because she's utterly shite. and recently ruined ELO.The talentless Bitch.

so when it came down to it, music pretty much surrounded everything our family did. that's why i can have Katy Perry's 'Hot 'n' Cold' and Glen Miller's 'In the Mood' on my phone, accompanied by Calvin Harris and, er, the Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles...well, Vanilla Ice was in the film!!!!He taught them to fight using the power of dance, don't you know.

I love these songs so much btw- and you never get performances this good anymore;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKn6h2x5IcY

Urgh, i'm really unwell at the mo. i'm all high on lemsip and soothers (although i've now run out of lemsip NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!) and my nose is all "hey, let's get bunged up so amy can only breathe through her mouth" and then my cough is all "Yeah!!and then whenever she tries to breathe in through her mouth i'll make her cough so she's miserable!!". urgh i should never have gone out last night dammit!!i've pulled a muscle from all the coughing so my tummy hurts too. i wish there was someone here to molly coddle me- my ma would've wrapped me up in blankets and found "Honey I shrunk the Kids" on TV for me. either that or Arthur.

Right- im going to sleep now. My dadsy has given me permission to not work at all today and instead get better =] yayness =]

xXx

No comments: