Thursday 6 November 2008

It's poem time again lads and lasses

In light of tonight's goings on, and by that i mean my poetry readings gubbins, i have decided to put all of my poems on here. some of them are hardcore some of them aren't, but just see what you think, imaginary readers :)

Unrequited ‘love’

Once I had seen you
You were no longer flesh and bones-
That line was far too quickly drawn.
You’ve become a common sporadic lust
You infiltrate my every notion so
When I close my eyes you’re there and when I open them you’re held
A spectre in the distance who (unknowingly) makes their presence felt

We only spoke once
Scenarios plague my mind, of what’s to come
I can no longer remember what’s come to pass
I pursue the ones who challenge my adoration
I’m convinced they live to see that we shall not
I’m resonating suspicion-
Barefaced in my vivid envy.
Reciprocation is deftly needed.

God knows I tried to stop it happening.
I avoided all the ties that bound us,
The ones I’d made up in my mind,
But I cannot find the balance any longer,
Merging our world’s impossibly so.
I cry for what I’m feeling;
I shiver for what I have become;
I am forever needing;
But forever never will.

Lust has driven panic through my blood.

No comments: