Tuesday 5 May 2009

Sod's Law

I have come to the conclusion that the world is not content unless I am despairing at something. There are two wonderful things about this week, that I am very VERY VERY excited about;

1) ER Double Bill- George Clooney is returning, and we find out whether Carter will get the kidney transplant he so desperately needs to live!!CARTER CAN’T DIE!! CAAAARTER CAAAN’T DIIIIIE!!!!!!
2) Preview screenings of ‘Star Trek’ are being run on the 7th May, the day before it’s officially being released on (surprise surprise) the 8th May, and me and Vicki are going- THAT’S RIGHT!!The film I have pined over for roughly a year? I’m seeing it a day early. Oh, it’s good to be alive!

But there was a problem- you see, I’m not allowed to have two wonderfully, albeit media-orientated, exciting and mind-blowingly awesome situations occur on the same week- because that might result in me being overtly happy, and we can’t have that.

And so that is why this morning, whilst enjoying a bowl of Frosties, and reassuring Kage that her mock Psychology mock A level this afternoon would go fine and that NO- she wouldn’t die or become homeless if she failed, I saw an advert on E4 for the ER Double Bill on Thursday night- yep, that’s right, Thursday. As in Thursday 7th.As in Thursday 7th when I’m going to see Star Trek. I dropped my spoon into my bowl and shouted, as well as a person can with a mouthful of Frostie-goodness, “NOOOOOO!!!!NOOOT THURSDAY!!!!!!!” to which a startled Kage went “Oh Dear...”

Oh dear indeed, Kage. Oh dear indeed...

This film better be good. Who am I kidding??!! It’s gonna be AH-MAH-ZINK

xXx

No comments: