Monday 13 April 2009

Resident Evil 5 is the bane of my life

I have forgotten what my living room looks like. Adam's over again, and him, Fozz and Jack have been having what can only be described as a 'Resident Evil 5' orgy for the past 3 and a bit hours, and so i have been seeking refuge in my roomeo with a new Mary Janice Davidson book called 'Dead and Loving it', and this Professor Layton DS game that i didn't care too much about yesterday, but have become progressively addicted to over the last few hours.

I tried going down stairs, but they were playing this mercenaries level thing that's this bonus level where you just take out as many, you know, (shudder) zombies as possible. they finished the game yesterday, and like a damned fool i assumed that i would no longer have to avoid going into Fozz's room or listen to music loudly for fear of hearing the stupid ominous moans form the TV. But nope, that's not the case. So yeah- i'm being held hostage by a video game. see this is why i prefer Films and Tv- if you don't wanna watch something you don't have to watch something.


Last night was pretty legit- we went to vic and john's for a old school games night which started with good ol' 'Parappa the Rapper', which was, and still is, possibly one of my favouritest games of all time, then we moved on to the original 'Doom' game, which we played in the dark and just made us all laugh, then we played 'Vampire Night', and me and Vic seriously owned that game- it was immense, we tagged teamed it like a beatch- THEN we played Micro Machines and i wooped Fozzotron several million times (well, twice but you know, same difference =]) and finally ended with a few rounds of the original 'Worms' game, which Vic trounced us all in.


Warning- the following picture may make you feel incredibly nostalgic;


How awesome is that??!

SO yeah, i've been reading the new (ish) Mary Janice Davidson book Vicski gave me last night- Years ago she lent us books from a series called 'Undead and Unwed', about a Vampire named Betsy who is actually Queen of the Vampires. it sounds utterly naff, but they're written in modern day times, very VERY cleverly and they are hilarious and so, so readable. I find them very hard to put down once i've started and usually finished them the same day i start reading them. I'm currently reading a collection of short stories, all based around the world of Betsy that includes some characters from the 'Undead...' series, and i'm halfway through already- it's ace. One thing i will say though is that the book is absolutely filthy, but in a classy kinda way. The writer, Mary Janice Davidson, is known for her talent at writing erotica and stuff, and although Undead and unwed has, to put it in a terribly British way, 'stuff' in it, it's nowhere near as hardcore as these short stories. They're still good though!!...God, i must sound like a right perv now....eep...I'm not btw! :)

In he time i've been trapped in my bedroom i've also become addicted to this Professor Layton game on the DS that Vic gave me (she's very generous is our Vic). She gave me the game and told me not to let Kage play on it because she has revision to do- i failed in my duty and Kage is even more addicted then me. it is ever so good though

right- i'm off to go have another cup of tea, read some more of my book and see if i'm allowed back downstairs yet =]

xXx

No comments: