Monday 11 January 2010

UEA day

i feel good right now. I've had a fairly active day, and am now belting out Florence and the machine at the top of voice, probably to the disdain of my poor family. ah well. they only have to listen to it for 6 more days :)

This morning was pretty epic- up at 6:45am despite having only fallen asleep at around 3am (stupid amounts of yummy yummy coffee are to blame. that and the accessibility of twitter on my mobly, which is a ridiculous excuse because no one is ever really on twitter around that time). the night before i decided to make my alarm tone 'No Limit' by '2 Unlimited' for 'the lolz' as i'd told Kage, thinking that it would be simply HILARIOUS to be woken up by it.

Oh, boy, was i wrong.

Easily one of the most disorientating moments of my life-i had no clue what was going on!!suddenly "BAH BAH BANANANAH BA BA BANANANAH" was blaring from my phone- it was so loud it woke up Fozz in the next room!!Kage just sat up and went "ARGH!" as i desperately tried to work out was was going on. Charlie was freaked, and nearly attacked me because i accidentally covered her with my quilt, and it was utter pandemonium!! i finally figured out it was my phone as kage sleepily shouted over the pounding song 'WHY DID YOU PUT THIS AS YOUR ALARM??!!' to which i could only yell back 'I DON'T BLOODY KNOW!!'. seriously it's so loud for such a little speaker!!it took me forever to switch it off too, because i'd never set the alarm before so didn't know how to disable it!!it was hilarious though- i managed to switch it off just as the bloke screamed "LEMME HERE YA SAY YEAH!!!" and kage just went 'NOOOOOOO!!'-i couldn't stop laughing

we had to get the 7:45 bus, and leave extra early because of how icey it was outside. this resulted in me leaving the house without my glasses, much to my dismay, and also with a stomach 'happily filled' with a half eaten bowl of cornflakes and and half finished cup of coffee. When Kage has a strict timetable you adhere to it- breakfast be DAMNED. that girl runs on 100% German efficiency, i swear if she didn't look so much like Vic I'd be worried! we ran- YES RAN- over the ice in order to get to the bus stop on time. i don't know how i didn't fall over but i didn't!!Beccles is a no grit zone, however so it wasn't fun. we got to the bus stop with just in time to wait another 20 minutes because the bus was running late. yaaaaaaaay.

The reason we were catching the bus is because today is Kage's first day of spring/summer term at UEA. She's feeling poorly at the moment but needed to go up because it's the first day so i volunteered to go along so she'll feel a little happier- Kage likes her company, bless her. The uni itself is alright- but it's a bit of a concrete jungle. I think i'm a little biased towards Kent though! Kage went to her seminar and i went and sat in a cafe called 'zest' which for some strange reason i kept accidentally calling 'flex'- i don't know why. i was utterly confused by the coffee machine, and the milk dispenser and received many a disapproving look from the people around me who completely ignored my cried for help. i'll say that about the UEA- the atmosphere wasn't really that friendly. but everything is covered in concrete so it's kinda hard to be chirpy...somehow Kage manages it though :) she is my favourite ever.

I sat in the front corner of the cafe next to the window with my coffee and honey biscuits and watch the dark knight on Kage's ipod. actually, i just kept skipping to the bits with the joker cos i love those parts and didn't have much time. whilst there i kept an eye out for any guy candy but alas to no avail. the place was literally riddled with scene and indie kids, who looked down at me from their untied pvc nike trainers and coiffed fringes. they were wearing t-shirts blazing band names that take you weeks to pronounce, like 'my best friend hates me so now i make music' or 'backwards pyjama wearing fan-girls' or something equally as pointless and annoying. the one guy i did think was fit was a classic Monet- gorgeous from far away, kinda blurry and messy close up.

after that i went to Kage's lecture and pretty much blanked. after various tomfoolery we were on the bus back home, but not before Kage bought me some Ribena light (she knows what i love bless her!!!) and maltesers to say danke shane for the day. on the bus home we actually had a really in depth discussion about politics and things which was really really cool. Kage taught me tons of stuff, so when i go back to Canters i can ACTUALLY have political discussion and not just give the usual input i give, which is "Well...i just think David Cameron looks like a nice bloke" or "the problem is i don't really like Gordon Brown but i think his wife is lovely- i feel quite bad for her". NOW i have stuff to talk about!!!also, Gordon Brown's real first name is James!!!JAMES BROWN!!as Kage quaintly put it; 'he should've kept his name. people'd like him if he had the funk"

nowt much has happened since i've been home. Panders had a rubbish day at work and was a bit down; ma's still really ill at the mo, poor little thing :( and Eli started nursery today and loved it- he also hijacked Bob to play CBeebies and got spit all over my keyboard. i kept my cool.

and that's my day so far. i had to go to bed early last night (yeah that worked) and as a result couldnae watch Forrest Gump like i wanted to- so as a treat i'm gonna stay up tonight and watch
whatever film i want to. it's between galaxy quest, signs or SATC movie at the minute...hmmm decisions decisions...

xXx

No comments: