Sunday 3 January 2010

Nicknames

There’s a girl I know with 3 established nicknames, all of which are commonly used, so much so that her real name is barely used. My brother’s nickname, Fozz, has eclipsed his actual name to a point where even his teachers call him ‘Fozz’. My sister’s name is now Kage, EVEN MY PARENTS have Pandy. And yet I have none. I am Amy. Amy Victoria, if I misbehave a tad. Well, no, that’s a lie. In the past I’ve been Little G, Action Girl George, (although I don’t count the latter as a nickname because it’s part of my actual name) Jorg and most recently OGAG (Original Gangster Amy George). But none of them stick. None of them have replaced my name. And I’ve always wanted a naturally occurring name replacing nickname.

One of my mates told me that I should kill two birds with one stone and get a boyfriend, and therein I would find a nickname because all couples have lovely little nicknames for each other and of the couples I know this is true, and aforementioned friend has a point. But at the same time wanting a relationship for the sake of a silly name seems...well, ever so slightly fickle. And pathetic...mostly pathetic.

Plus I want a name that my mates can have on their phones. My phone book makes no sense- and that’s how a phone book should be!Mine’s filled with Connifer, Markworth, Crudenforth, Tedworth, Pandy, Old People, Fozzatron, Kage, Sensational JG, Crowford, Mapez, Bailes, Marjori, Spoon. I had to save my parents number under ‘Mum&Dad’ though, because Kage pointed out what if I was in an accident and someone tried to use my phone to contact my mum & dad- how would they know they’re under ‘Old People’ or ‘Pandy’?. Well, they wouldn’t!

But i’ve come up with a theory as to why I havnae been given a keeper of a nickname- because it’s my job to dish them out!!all of the long-lasting nicknames amongst friends at home and family have been created by me- Fozz’s adapted into Fozztron, Pat and Andy became PANDY, Katie was Kage, Gav became Marjori. It all really comes down to the fact that I have an affliction wherein I can’t call people by their real names, whilst everyone else around actually can make do with real nameage- hence why no one’s thought “Hey, Amy- let’s give you a name that’s not Amy!”

But having said which i would quite like one.
Who knows? Maybe i’ll get one for my birthday. It’s only a month and 27 days away 
...
I think.

xXx

No comments: