Monday 8 June 2009

I have a semi (live blog)

07/06/2009 The Library

16:23pm
Arrgh nooo. Revision. I'm in the library at the mo, catching up with Cixous and Wollstonecraft. It's so much fun i can hardly contain my emotion. I came here with Connie, Emma & Charlotte but they all went to a computer section- i have too many books (NERD) so i can't. I'm sitting in the silent section where the English books are- I DON'T LIKE IT. I usually go on the third floor to the HUGE silent section. i wish i had, the chairs here are so retarded- the seats lean backwards and the backs curve- WHAT KIND OF A CHAIR IS THAT?? pfft. Not impressed. AND i can't move now, cos Con said she'd meet me here. So not only am i revising, but i'm revising AND getting back ache.
Nice.
16:40pm
I Moved ^^ much happier now. comfy seating ftw! i saw Emma in the computer bit, but she looked like she was proper hardcore working so i didnae say hi. Hope she doesn't mind. Right- back to woooork. The Apprentice final tonight- Magaret's leaving so potentially last Magaret involved show :'( . May go back to Library afterwards......
17:08pm
Grr, i keep getting distracted and day-dreaming. Somewhat ironic, considering one of the things i need to revise is Freud's article 'Creative Writers and day-dreaming'. According to Freud day-dreams stem from past memories of what you never had resurfacing in the present to project a wish for the future- basically you day-dream about things you wish you had. They also fall into 2 topics; Successful daydreams and Erotic ones... Freud's a little bit mental, but i spose that makes sense.
Hey! I remembered all of that without looking at my notes! YAY! ^^
17:15pm
There's some absolute wanker trying to flirt with the girl sitting infront of me. We're in the SILENT AREA dumb-ass. If he bangs/ shakes the desk one more time i'm definitely going to get more annoyed and write it down. i would say something- but he's doing quite well, don't want to ruin his chances...
17:18pm
There's also a bloke in here with shockingly blonde hair and a massive black beard- and he doesn't appear to have dyed either. How strange
17:20pm
The girl gave the guy her number! Yay! Now he will leave and i can revise peacefully.
17:22pm
He still hasn't left. Douche-Bag. The girl looks like she might regret giving him her number.
17:23pm
They both caught me staring at them. In my haste to look nonchalant i knocked over my water bottle, dropped my pen on the floor and lost the page in my book. Dammit.
17:35pm
Mary Wollstonecraft-done AND done. Let's read some Burke.
17:37pm
Scrap that. Let's Cixous it up a treat with 'The Laugh of the Medusa'. Doesn't sound very funny to me.
17:47pm
Right. Wasn't expecting that.
"This practise, extraordinarily rich and inventive, in particular as concerns masturbation, is prolonged..."
(Ahem) I've come over terribly English now. Oh well- onward and upward.
18:15pm
DAMMIT!! i keep reading and then my mind just floats off on a complete tangent. STUPID GIRL.
18:30pm
"The woman who writes cuts herself out a paper penis". Brilliant.

xXx

No comments: