Wednesday 17 June 2009

Homesick

If you’d asked me three weeks ago “Would you rather stay at Uni with everyone over the summer or go home?” I would have gone “Home. Can I go now, actually?” No doubt in my mind whatsoever.

But now? The former wins easy. I LOVE being at home, I’m having a fab time with my family and i love them to bits- but today I’ve been missing uni far far FAR more than i ever have done. I seriously just want to go back. So much is changing next year, it’s scary but it doesn’t make me want to go back any less. Home is lovely, but there’s hardly any freedom, i can’t go out if i fancy going out, none of my friends are back from uni for another few weeks, and some aren’t even coming back, and the worst one of all is that no one from uni is here. That’s the bit that’s getting me down the most- missing everyone. I didn’t think it’d last that long- i thought pretty much as soon as i got home i might stop missing them so much. I wouldn’t stop missing them entirely but maybe the missing them bit would dim ever so slightly. But all that’s happened is the feeling has gotten much worse, which sucks just so much. Work doesn’t help- i mean money wise “Yay!” but otherwise it’s just...well i shouldn’t complain really. I’d be complaining if i didn’t have a job that’s the annoying thing.

I don’t think le famille quite get it to be honest. They can’t seem to understand why i’d want to go back- particularly ma. I can’t really say to them how much i miss uni cos i really don’t want to hurt their feelings- i really do love being at home, and just because i want to go doesn’t mean i love being with them any less but it’s just so confusing. Today has been a very Coldplay day.

And the VERY worst part of it? I’ve been away for not even 4 full days yet. And there’s three months!!

Sigh.

They we go. Moany overtly emotional blog of the week is finished.

xXx

No comments: