Monday 15 June 2009

Best weekend EVER

I apologise in advance for the ridiculous size of this blog. It's ridiculous.

Ok, so the last few days have been HUGE. On Friday I had my last exam- Post War European Cinemas. It was only my wild module so I didn’t worry too much about revising for it. I failed EPICALLY, and left after an hour, but by that point i was past caring- me and Alex had planned an epic bout of drinking and going out and all i wanted to do was get crunk and forget the whole thing. I only had until Sunday morning to party as much as was physically possible because Beccles isn’t exactly fun city, or at least not in the sense of going out. I got to Alex’s, where we started watching Pulp Fiction (CORRRR!! film!!) and Tedworth joined us. I didn’t feel like I was getting crunk enough though, so I insisted we put on ‘Trapped in the Closet’. We watched it for a while but Ted wasn’t really into it and Alex couldn’t find the part that would get us most drunk so we decided to order pizza and play ‘Ring of Fire’. Needless to say, with just the three of us playing we got quite drunk and I ended up having to drink the King Cup. It tasted foul, but the lads let me take my time with it. I went and got changed (I looked AHMAHZING- believe me. Even I was stunned) whilst Alex and Ted started watching Live footage of Faith No More at Download; needless to say Alex spent most of this time revelling in his man love for Mike Patton whilst me and Ted argued over who was more Gangster, and which hometown was more hardcore. I started my by explaining about the crack den in Beccles and he told me about drug use back home; Alex zoned us out for the entire time and to be honest I can’t blame him- we were chatting utter shite.

We then left for The Venue, to meet up with Hannah and IT WAS EMPTY. We took a few stupid photos; I took photos of the security guards behind us and then Hannah and I had a little dance. We decided after about half an hour to just go to Mungo’s, which was considerably more packed and surprisingly the drinks were a lot cheaper. I started feeling very drunk and we had a big ol’ dance fest. At about 12 ish me, Hannah and Alex all sat down whilst Ted chatted up some young filly, and I asked Alex if I could have my camera, cos I thought I’d given it to him to look after. He said he didn’t have it, but I just assumed he was joking and trying to wind me up- it turned out he wasn’t. None of us had my camera, because I had left it in the Venue. I FREAKED. I ran straight to The Venue, holding back tears because the camera cost me so much money and I knew there would be no way i could get another one, and I knew if I had just left it somewhere it had probably been stolen by now- we’d left the venue a good couple of hours ago. I ran up to the security outside, thrust my stamped hand in their faces and pretty much wailed “IWASINHEREBEFOREANDIHADMYCAMERANOWIDONTHAVEMYCAMERAITHINKILEFT ITINHEEEEEEERE!!!!!” and they let me in to try and find it. By the looks on their faces they also thought the chances of me getting it back were pretty much 0%. I ran downstairs, and went to all the places i’d been in the venue, and then asked a security guard if he’d seen a pink camera. He told me to ask behind the bar in lost property but that he hadn’t heard anything. On my way to the bar i bumped into the security guard i’d been taking pictures of, who asked if I was ok- i told him that i’d lost my pink camera and he started to smile. He then said that he’d noticed I’d left it behind when we’d been sitting on the stools, and that his colleague had actually picked it up. I couldn’t believe it- i actually jumped up, tears welling and screamed “THANK YOU SO MUCH!!” and pretty much hugged him to within an inch his life. He went and got it, and I ran back upstairs and told the other security people I’d found it and they all cheered. Then I heard some even more exuberant cheering and saw that Alex, Hannah and Ted had followed me to the venue and were waiting for me- they couldn’t believe it either. As Ted put it, ever so quaintly, I was “the luckiest bitch alive”. Brillian . We tried to go back to Mungo’s but it was closing (at 12:30- ridiculous) and so instead we just went back to Alex’s because they all wanted some foodage. We sat about for a bit, chatting and generally being stupid. Ted accidentally called Beccles ‘Cockles’ and then ‘Sheccles’, which was very very funny, and then Hannah and Ted both went home. I stayed at Alex’s ‘til about 5 in the morning watching Firefly- which he LOVED as I knew he would- and Sea Lab 2021. All in all it was an absolutely epic night.


Saturday I went to sleep at 6am and was then woken up at 11:30 when my ma phoned me up thinking I had an exam to be woken up for. Despite the fact my exams had finished the day before and that it was Saturday. Which was great (!) I couldn’t go back to sleep afterwards, so instead got up and started hardcore packing away the rest of my stuff. This took me FOREVER and wore the bejesus out of me. I’d pretty much finished by 3 ish, and went to ArtsFest with Lypeatt & Co. It was the most utterly perfect last day I could have hoped for. We all just had such a laugh, sitting about getting drunk and chatting about the whole year. There was a big-band playing jazz and films theme tunes, and it was still warm, even when the sun was setting. I managed to hold off the tears until the fireworks display, but Hannah held my hand, Emma sat on my lap and Sophie came at put her arm around my shoulder and I just started sobbing. I couldn’t stop- it was just such a perfect end to what’s been the most amazing year of my life and I really didn’t want to have to leave. Everyone got a bit upset then, which wasn’t helped by Hannah and Emma going home, but we tried to go have a dance. It was really packed though, and I kept hitting accidentally hitting people with my bag! Me, Sophie, Alex and Ted ended up walking home, although I was quite drunk so I can’t really remember the walk home. I went back to Alex’s, where we had a really amazing talk about the first year and I started crying again. He cheered me up though, he always does. We watched some more ‘Sealab 2021’ and then some ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’- I think it was the perfect send off to be honest, watching ridiculously funny shows until absurd hours of the morning. And so endeth my last day at University. Unfortunately its drunken end meant an absurdly hungover start to the next morning. But it was more than worth it ^^

Sunday came and Pandy arrived with Grandad George in tow at about 11:30. I was very hungover, but it didn’t matter too much. I said goodbye to the housemates of No8, and Connie and Emma had both come over at about 10 that morning in order to say bye. Everything was packed into the car, I took my keys and my internet cable back to Parkwood reception, and then went and took Alex back his old essays I’d borrowed. And then I was going home. I cried as we left campus; just thinking about it now is making me a bit teary. I’m just gonna miss being there so much- and as much as I’m excited to be living in a house with Laura next year at the same time it’s just not Parkwood. I then fell asleep as we left Kent, and woke up after what I thought was about 20 minutes when really it was about 2 hours and we were just outside of Blythburgh. We got home and instantly Millie was on me and Fozz and Kage were making me laugh far too much. I started getting really tired again and my throat was a bit sore and I was achey all over- twas not good. But I went and had a ridiculously long bath and then sat and had a cup of tea with Dad and I felt better

I’m back working at Somerfield tomorrow-yay. 11-7. Brilliant. Not looking forward to it, but hey it’s a job and the people are pretty kosher. It’s just the idea of work. And having to get out of bed when i don’t want to.

Me and Fozz have had a pretty awesome sauce day- I played Resident Evil for the first time EVER and although to start with I wasn’t very good I got the hang of it eventually- it was pretty epically good fun. AND I only screamed once! Go me! I proper got into it though!!I reckon next term I’m gonna be bugging Alex to let me play on it. I should practice, get REALLY good and then come back and open a can of Whoo-Ass on Fozz and Jacky Boy. :O PLAN. I then blasted some Tomb Raider out for about an hour- stick with what you know ^^

Fozz has been making me laugh almost constantly. Here’s an example of why;
Fozz on why X Box Live is brilliant;
“I went on GTA on X Box live round Eddie’s, and went into some American people’s game and just started cooking some fools (killing people) and ruined their game, and they started going [puts on whiny American accent] ‘What are you doing? Why would do that, man?’ and I just said ‘I can’t understand you’”

Beth came in and the first thing she said to me was “I had a dream your Dad was on fire” which was just typical. We then attempted to impersonate Seals for about 5 minutes before Fozz pointed out the noise we were trying to make it was what Sea Lions made. Vic and Eli came over to say hi- he has grown up so much in the last month its unreal!! He’s SO big, and just talking all the time! It’s brilliant. We just had a huge thunderstorm here, and as a result Vic, John and Eli don’t have any power in their house, so Vic and Eli are coming here to stay tonight which should be interesting!! Seriously, it was huge. I’m off now though- gonna go get a cup of tea and chillax for a bit with Ma- She has a huge HUGE phobia of thunderstorms so she’s a bit shook up at the minute so I’m gonna go take of care of er9ui8- sorry; Millie just walked across my keyboard!!! I meant ‘her’. I am actually gonna have to go now she’s climbed onto my chest and is using my breasts as a rudimentary shelf. Brilliant. S’laters y’all

xXx

No comments: