Wednesday 4 August 2010

First Day

Just found the diary entry I wrote after my very first day at Uni. Unedited. Enjoy.

12:55am Monday 22nd September 2008

Today was my first day at Canterbury University of Kent. Me, Ma, Kage, Fozz and Dad all let at 7 ish this morning and drove (with a van full to the brim of my crud!) to Canterbury! We got lost at first, thanks to some misdirections, but eventually found Parkwood reception, where I picked up my keys for my room! 8/B Marley Court, Parkwood!! :) we drove the van and pulled up outside, and i unlocked the front door and then my room! It's lovely, medium size, but at first I was really freaking out, with all my unpacked stuff lying around but once Mum had helped me sort out my clothes and kage and Fozz put up posters it looked really cool- I love it now! I'm living with 4 other; Charlotte, who's doing Eng & Ame. Lit; Zoe, whose doing Interior Design; Claire, Who's doing politics and Jasmine, whose doing architecture. Charlotte, Claire and Zoe all seem lovely. So does Jas, but i don't think she likes me :S
I then went and registered, where i got my Kent ID Card (It looks LAME!!) and then came back before going into Canterbury itself- IT IS RAD! we saw monks!!! AND I wore my first ever pair of Ray Ban!! OH MY GOD!!! There are trees and animals everywhere here, especially on campus- I've seen a million magpies, a mouse [:)] tons of rabbits and loads of squirrels- one even came into our kitchen!!! Twas Fab!!
Then we wandered some more, came back to uni, and after a while the famille left, but i won't write about that otherwise I'll get upset.
After they'd gone i freshened up my sob-fest-of-a-face and went for a wander around campus, where I saw the mouse and loads of rabbits. I didn't really go far, for fear of not being able to find my way back! After that me and my housemates went out, and we met up with a huge bunch of people- including 2 irish people!!!- and just sat chatting. I'll finish the rest after I've had a kip, it's 1:08am and I'm shattered!!
Goodnight, Amen
xXx

'Amen'? I remember when i used to say that. This really was long ago, wasn't it?

strange how quick it's gone!!
roll on third year :)

xXx

No comments: